Harry Bertoia - San Lorenzo di Arzene, 1915 - Barto, USA, 1978
Bertoia left Italy when he was fifteen. He went to Detroit were he studied painting and sculpture at the Institute of Technology. In 1937 he bacame docent at the Detroit School of Arts and Crafts and at the Cranbrook Academy of Arts. In the ‘40s he began to design furniture. He considered chairs like sculptures, giving great importance to colours and to metal characteristics. His chairs are now famous all over the world.